Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Recent Wedding Cakes


So since it is technically still fall I thought I would share with everyone the my recent fall wedding cakes. First up was this beautiful three tier cake with fantasy flowers. The bride Lauren came to me with a photo of a cake that she wanted me to replicate. We changed a few aspects of the cake but pretty much kept everything the same since she was in love with the design. I unfortanely do not know the original artist so I can't give them credit.

I think the cake turned out wonderfully and I love the modern design. The wedding was held at a yatch club in Delaware which was an absoulutely amazing backdrop for photos! I love all of the natural light in this photo!

Next, up was a fall cake that matched the bride and grooms invitation. I love the way the cake turned out. I was unsure how the tree would look wrapped around the cake, but in the end I think it was really stunning. We added the bride and grooms intials to the tree to make it look like it was carved into the tree.

 I convinced the bride and groom to use a tree trunk as the "cake plate" to display the cake. I think this cake was perfect for this type of display and think the tree trunk fit the theme of the wedding and cake perfectly. To top it of I made edible love birds!

Last up was a more classic fall themed cake. We added fondant leaves, acorns, and pumpkins on each tier around the entire cake. The fall leaves really added a pop of color to the cake and brought it to life.
The sweetheart table!
I love the lantern centerpieces, and think the cake fit in the reception area nicely.

Well hope you enjoyed this last glimpse of fall. I wish I could hold onto fall a little longer, but now its time to get into the Christmas spirit and start baking cookies and making gingerbread houses!

No comments: