Friday, December 30, 2011

Top Ten Cakes of 2011 cont.


Ok so with the new year quickly approaching on with the countdown...

5.
The jack-o-lantern cake was certainly the most challenging cake that I have done this year. Making the cake look like a real jack-o-lantern was quite tricky, but I think it turned out great! Plus it was for my nephews first birthday, which made it all the more special. 

 4.
I designed this cake with the royal wedding in mind. I think it turned out beautifully, and made quite a statement.

3.
This cake was designed for a friend's bridal shower. Since the couple was going to Hawaii for their honeymoon a luau bridal shower was only fitting. I had free reign on this cake, and I really tried to capture the essence of Hawaii.


2.
This cake seems to be a very popular design among my clients. I made this cake for Cole's first birthday way back in February. I love the way the cake turned out, and can see why parents like it so much!

1.
My number one favorite cake of the year is my fall flowers cake. I think if you are a follower of the blog you know that fall is my absolute favorite time of the year, so it only fitting that this would be my favorite. I love creating gumpaste flowers, and seeing them come to life on a cake. This was my first time doing a cascade of flowers down a cake, and I think it looks stunning.

I hope you enjoyed a look at my favorite cakes of 2011. Let me know which one is your favorite! Hope everyone has a Happy New Year, and I'll see you next year!

1 comment:

Ellen's Cakes said...

Your top 5 cakes look fabulous! My favourite is the Hawaiian one! Its perfect! The structure looks like it would be scary to do but the effect is so awesome :)