Monday, December 5, 2011

Road to Life Retirement Cake

I recently had the pleasure of making a retirement cake for one of my fathers coworkers. I have wanted to make a road to like cake for a while now, and finally had the opportunity to do so. I was told that the man retiring liked Ravens football, golf, had three children, four grandchildren, and had been married since 1967. So I went about incorporating all of these great things into one cake for this man's path to retirement.


On the bottom tier was a road sign that said welcome to the married life with the year he was married as the exit number. The second tier represented all of his children, and the top tier represented his grandchildren. In between were his favorite things like the Ravens and golf.




His mode of transportation, of course, had to be a golf cart, which sat on top of the cake indicating that he had made it to the good life, and was now retired.

This cake was so much fun to make. I was told that the guy liked it so much that he did not cut it at his retirement party, and instead took it home to show all of his family first. I love when my hard work is appreciated, but please eat the cake! Hope everyone enjoyed this cake, and stay tuned for some Christmas posts to come!

No comments: