Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Garden Bridal Shower

I have been waiting to share this party with all of you! This party is actually my bridal shower that my family and friends threw for me last summer. The theme was summer garden party, it was not a surprise, because I made the cake. The colors for the party were purple, light green, pink, and white. The flowers were all flowers that could be found in a summer garden. The centerpieces were purple and green bottles that were lit with a tea light and surrounded by a ring of flowers. We gave them away to some special guests at the end of the party. I love the floating butterflies and the ladybug accents!
Here is the table all set-up!
Example of the green centerpiece!

The cake table featured my cake and two cupcake towers on each side. The cupcakes were made by my mother and the flavors included strawberry daiquiri, mint mojito, chocolate martini, and cosmopolitan.
I made all of the cupcake wrappers using a pattern. I cut the wrappers from coordinating scrapbook paper.
The cupcakes were really yummy!



Here are some close-ups of the cake! The flavors were pumpkin with cream cheese icing, chocolate with chocolate ganache filling and chocolate buttercream, and vanilla with vanilla buttercream. I was really pleased with how the cake turned out!
Everything on the cake was edible, even the butterflies!
I hope you enjoyed a look at my bridal shower. It was really a special day for me and my husband. I loved working on some of the details for the party (I have to help plan a party even if it is for me). Please let me know what you think of the party! This theme could be used for a variety of things including birthdays, and weddings! I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments: