Monday, March 28, 2011

National Capital Area Cake Show


I had the pleasure this weekend of going to the National Capital Area Cake Show in Annandale, Virginia. I usually enter this competition, but have been so busy with my upcoming bridal show that I was not able to enter this year. I did, however, get to check out all of the amazing talent that Maryland, D.C., and Virginia have to offer. I will break this post up into two parts; this first post will be all divisional cakes, and the second will be the wedding cakes.

The theme this year for the divisional competition was "Under the Sea". I love this theme and would have loved to enter something.

Check out this amazing turtle! Unreal!


 So much detail.
I love how this cake was still a tiered cake, but really pulled in the theme.
Shipwreck. Awesome!

Wow, this cake has so much detail that I don't know where to look!
These figures are out of this world!

So cute!
Here are some photos of cakes that were not in the "special themes" category. The steampunk bride and groom were really cool and different!


Look at all the detail.


I love this "nursery rhyme" cake. The detail and painting on this cake was so incredible. Very well done!

Well I hope you enjoyed a look at some of the spectacular work presented at this show. Stay tuned for the second post which is all about the wedding cakes!

No comments: